Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Crushes and Infatuations

I've been thinking a lot...
about one person in particular...
It's driving me crazy..
I'm no poet by any means...
But I like to write down my thoughts.

So I've been sitting at work just kind of look at blank word documents, and filling them with thoughts...
 and these are two "pieces" I've written for these thoughts...
And as I mentioned... I'm not a poet... and naming these would be too hard...

So I call em both "Crush".. here goes...




My heart does this funny little dance when I get any type of vision of you…
A text or even a thought could make it samba…

There’s something magical about having a crush…
It’s painfully delicious…
My stomach hurts… my breathing gets funny…
Sweating… laughing… uncontrollably…
There’s a beauty to that and I can’t explain it…

Thinking of something said or done a week ago and smiling to myself…
I feel silly… but a good kind of silly… not dumb… happy… and for nothing more than just a thought…
Isn’t that beautiful?


 And then there's the negative side to this little "beautiful" feeling...



Mind racing…
Thoughts… memories… fantasies…
Can’t do anything but think of you…
It’s kinda sick, that feeling… no?
To always have one person on your mind?
Then you have to sit and wonder other things…
Like:
"Do you think about me?"
"Do you like me?"
"What did you mean when you said?"
"But you look at me like…..
 eh,...
 I guess maybe not."
So you tell yourself that you won’t do it anymore…
“I won’t think about you, I’ll just read this funny article”….
“Oh you’d probably think this is funny too!”
“FUCK!.. “ 
there you go again... 
Is there a cure for a crush?!
This shit is sickening!
So I get all into whatever work it is I have in front of me…
But my ever so active mind somehow ends up back to you… 
SIGH
So I tell myself… “don’t do it!”
“Quit that shit! I’m not meant to be a ‘passing fancy’ if I really think about you this much, it’s probably not healthy anyway”….
So I don’t … 
I don’t text, 
I don’t call, 
I don’t double tap…
Finally… 
peace of mind...
And then you text…
AND the process starts all over again…


Those are just thoughts and stuff... 
But I always think to myself... that if I didn't have the anxiety from this crush (and others in the past, I can't help but be a hopeless romantic with my non-affectionate ass) then the fruit of what may or may not come is just...less juicy... lol 



No comments:

Post a Comment