Monday, May 5, 2014

Dear Heartbreaker...



You shine
Ferociously
Intensely
But it is only when I get close that I realize that the shine I see from far away can burn me and hurt me bad.


I get close…
Not because I don’t fear being hurt
But because I can’t control the desire to feel...

To feel anxious
To feel sad
To feel uncertain
To feel simultaneously complete and empty...

I yearn for the pressure in my tummy…
And the pain in my chest
I can’t take another night without being restless
I cannot bear having an appetite…

I want so badly to be consumed with thoughts of you…
I am a masochist.

I want you to hurt me.
I want you to treat me how I know I don’t deserve to be treated.
I want to give you my all and get nothing in return.
I want to hurt…
I want to burn…
I want to love…
I want you…

I don’t even know why…
Why do I want to give myself to an undeserving person?
Why is it that no matter how many times my feelings get hurt, it seems as though I want more?
Why can’t I put myself on your pedestal and kick you the fuck off?!

I just can’t begin to understand how I want you to turn my heart and soul into dust with 
every look, 
every word, 
every touch…

You have blinded me with your emotionless ways…
I admire your detachment…
I want to be more like people like you…
I just don’t know how to not care…
And that shit is sad…
And it hurts every time...
But it's what I want...
So I'll just stop crying...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment