Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Foodie Fatty's Feelings

Nice blog. How do you feel about eating healthy, dieting, exercising... Do you eat all kinds of food or are you picky?

-Ron

Thanks Ron, I'm trying and having fun at the same time!!
If you had asked me this question 3 months ago, my answer would've probably been "HAHAHA! I don't work out" and that is the reason why I gained A LOT of weight in the span of a year. -_-
Fortunately! I've quit smoking cigarettes and have tons of energy now! I've started running (sshh... not even close to running but I guess we can call it that since I do "go fast" for about 1 minute lol ) I've been eating moderate meals as opposed to the exaggerated portions I had been serving myself all my life....
So here's my opinion... It's hard to train yourself into eating healthy but it's necessary, at least for a good quality of life. I love veggies, though not like a vegetarian loves veggies but I wouldn't skip them with a meal. Dieting isn't my thing. I lack the discipline necessary to hold on to the same dietary regimen. I would like to consider it, but I need to wean myself off of junk. Now exercising is a whole different story! I think it's very important to exercise! Getting up off our behinds is sometimes a little hard seeing as tv is so very fun, computer usage is addictive (ie. The Sims 3 for me) and beds and chairs are ever so comfy. I try to do some yoga often, whether I use Exercise tv on demand (Channel 1023 on Time Warner Cable) or going to Bikram Yoga ( http://www.bikramyogaharlem.com/ They have good deals and discounts for students check out the site) which is hot yoga in 105 degrees for 90mins with the nicest people and some awesome bods! It helps stretch your body and does wonders for other bodily functions, and you feel like HEAVEN when you come out of there! I recently got a bike off of http://www.craigslist.org/ which I totally recommend because let's face it.... bikes are REALLY expensive! I ride the bike a few times around the block. I have my last meal around 9:30 and drink lots of water. That's about as far as diet goes for me, and as for exercise I want to get into a routine but it's going to take determination.
You asked if I eat all kinds of food or if I'm picky....... FOOD IS JESUS!! I am not picky at all which is what may have landed me in my weight gain predicament lol. I eat like it's my last meal, that's why it's going to be hard to cut back and eat only what is necessary and not what my stomach thinks is the amount it needs to be satisfied (which is considerably more than it should smh).
Slowly I'll work it all out but health is seriously important, I took the first step by quitting cigarettes, and starting to do some exercise. It's not going to be easy... but then again what is?
<3,
Sherry

No comments:

Post a Comment